Facials help restore and hydrate your skin during the harsh Chicago winters
1. Cut back on exfoliation. In the summer months we tend to produce more oil, which naturally protects the barrier of the skin. In the winter, we are more susceptible to extrinsic factors like windburn, cold and other harsh weather conditions that strip the skin. Exfoliation is still necessary but less of it is better. Switch from three or four times a week to two times a week. Talk to your aesthetician about what products would best suit your skin.
2. Use heavier moisturizers. If you're someone who can get away with using an oil free moisturizer in the summer, that might not be the case come winter. Using something with more moisture and protective properties during the cold months will help reduce the chances of your skin becoming sensitized.
3. Cover up. When you leave the house, make sure you're skin is covered and DO NOT stop using sunscreen! UV exposure still happens in the winter, even when it's cloudy.
To keep your skin clean during a harsh Chicago winter, stick to the basic rules:
- Cleanse two times a day with room temp water
- Use a cleanser that's right for your skin type. If you have a drier skin there is no reason to be using a super foamy cleanser. Milky or creamy cleansers do just as good of a job and won't strip away your healthy natural oils.
- Every time you cleanse, you must follow with moisturizer. Moisturizer will work best when applied to damp, freshly cleansed skin. Don't rub your face completely bone dry with a towel or wait after you cleanse.
Facials can help restore, hydrate, and exfoliate your skin. Regular facials are always a good idea, especially in winter. All of Tamara's facials at Thairapy Plus are completely customized for each client and for the season. Facials are also really helpful for product recommendation. If your skin is acting wacky, it's a better idea to speak to a professional for product advice than to freak out and hit the drug store and buy something that could potentially cause more harm than good.
Call us to book an appointment at 773-248-5353, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org